Dekkoo is launching our second annual one-week short film challenge. Enter to win a cut of $10,000.00 in prizes! Interested? Read on!
THE THEME: HAPPY ENDINGS
After a year and a half of challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic couldn’t we all use a happy ending? A small token of joy to celebrate life, happiness and the promise of what is to come? We want you to shoot and submit a 10-minute maximum length short film telling a story from a Queer perspective that offers a happy ending.
What does a happy ending look like to you? We want to see!
- The Dekkoo Jury Award – One film will be selected. The winning film will be decided by the Dekkoo staff based on artistic merit. The winner will receive a cash award of $2500.00 and the opportunity to Direct a Dekkoo-original short film with a production budget of $5000.00.
- Audience Favorites – Four films will be selected. The four films that receive the most comments on that films page on Dekkoo.com will win $1000.00 each! Filmmakers are encouraged to ask fans to comment often!
Voting will end Sunday, July 25 at 11:59PM PT. Winners will be announced Wednesday, July 28.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FILM
Submissions must be no more than 10-minutes in length and submitted via Dekkoo’s Dropbox Folder between Monday, July 12 and Sunday, July 18,, 2021. All submissions are due no later than Sunday, July 18 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
- All films should be 1920×1080 or higher, H.264, preferably no vertical video. All submissions uploaded to Dropbox should be clearly labeled with the film title and director (ex: Avengers_Whedon.mp4)
- All films should be in English or have English subtitles.
To submit your film:
RULES & TERMS
It is FREE to submit your film. There is no entrance fee!
- Entrants must abide by laws and guidelines concerning mask-use and social distancing according to their local regulations.
- Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via the Dekkoo Dropbox Folder.
- If a film is accepted, the filmmaker agrees to allow Dekkoo to edit beginning and/or ending credits down for the purpose of time as well as use film footage and audio for promotional purposes.
- The submitter must be entitled to submit the film and the legal rights to screen it.
- Submission does not guarantee acceptance. Dekkoo will review all submissions and the submitter will be notified if the film has been approved. Submitter will then be required to sign a Dekkoo Licensing Agreement before the Submission is accepted.
- By submitting your film you agree to grant Dekkoo exclusive streaming rights to the film for a period of three (3) months. Winners agree to grant Dekkoo exclusive streaming rights to the film for a period of three (3) years.
- Dekkoo reserves the right to use stills and images for promotional or press needs.
- Films must be original work. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights.
- We just want to say this clearly, one more time, MUSIC MUST BE ORIGINAL or you must have express consent to use the music in your film.
- Dekkoo expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.