‘Teenage Kicks’ is streaming now on Dekkoo, the premiere streaming service for gay men.
Lily meets an attractive young man named Finn and invites him to her rich family’s summer home. When Lily’s jealous younger brother Jamie finds out that Finn is not who he claims to be, Jamie decides to play a sinister game to get rid of him – and blackmail him into performing some “favors.” A stylish and sexy sun-soaked thriller, ‘Palace of Fun‘ is a throwback to European art-house thrillers of the ‘60s and ‘70s. Think of it like Roman Polanski’s ‘Knife in the Water’, but with more gay kissing.
‘Grind‘ is a musical short film that explores a damaged man’s search for a connection in an interconnected world.
After his Emmy winning turn playing a woman in the FX show ‘Baskets’, stand-up comedian and actor Louie Anderson is entering a third act of his long career. This stand-up special, filmed in 2014, shows Louie’s unconventional and jovial humor as he tackles his bad habits, pesky family members (the inspiration of his ‘Baskets’ character) and his aging body. Watch ‘Louie Anderson: Big Baby Boomer’ now on Dekkoo!
Coming next week: A comedy that explores the many ways LGBT people connect in the world of the Internet, social media, and of course coffee houses.
A wonderful piece about Dekkoo appeared on the Huff Post earlier this week. The article discusses our dedication to the success of our collaborations with filmmakers (like our partnership with creator Pablo Andreu and his series STRAY) and our mission of bringing gay audiences programming that, in many cases, can’t be found on any other digital platform.
Title – ‘Furious Desires‘
Directors – Simone Bozzelli, Denisse Quintero, Ricky Mastro, Rodrigo Alvarez Flores, Fabio Leal
Starring – Edilson Silva, Carlos Eduardo Ferraz, Gregorio Musatti, Jose Pescina, Hoze Melendez, Fabio Leal
Release Date – 2017
Just one more week until Halloween!! Do you have your costume picked out yet for that gay rager? Since I’m a bit of a movie nerd I think my Halloween celebrations will be quite classical and consist of pumpkin carving, movie watching, and scaring as many trick-or-treaters as possible with a ‘Goodnight Mommy’ mask I have somewhere in my closet.
This week on the dispatch I’m diving into the year’s sexiest collection of short films: ‘Furious Desires‘. The collection covers the gamut from first love to the perils of immigration to Mexican coming-of-age rituals. There are five in total. I’ll break ’em down below and I guess I’ll give them a rating too, why not!
1. ‘Daytime Doorman’ – Well if you like nudity this is the short film for you! Marcelo is your typical constantly horny Brazilian guy who loves to hang out with friends and party. Marcio is a little more reserved and is the doorman of Marcelo’s building. When Marcelo invites the ‘straight’ Marcio out for a drink they end up hooking up which starts a string of hot (and sometimes sweet) encounters. I enjoyed all the sex, but I couldn’t really connect with the main character. He’s definitely painted as a bit ‘ditzy’ which did annoy me slightly. But like I said earlier – very sexy and tons of nudity!
2. ‘Xavier’ – This is a very sweet film about a father who while trying to understand why his son is being anti-social at school comes to the realization that he might be gay. The evidence presents itself to him as he spies his shy son suddenly smiling and opening up to an older boy, but his theory is confirmed when he invites family friends over who bring a boy that Xavier can’t keep his eyes off of. The father’s understanding and acceptance of his son’s feelings is really adorable and makes the short film a gem.
3. ‘The Other Side’ – Probably the highlight of the collection, ‘The Other Side’ covers a wealth of topics in its short run time including immigration, closeted relationships, and young love. Felipe & Claudio meet randomly while cruising on a bus and eventually fall in adorable puppy love. After shit goes down Felipe is forced to make the decision between staying home or following his love across the border to ‘The Other Side’.
4. ‘The Tigers Fight’ – I always enjoy films that feature a heavy dose of history and culture and this one does that by exploring the customs involving the transition from childhood to manhood and also pledging your romantic interests towards another. The story focuses on Nicolas as he prepares for his ‘Tiger Fight’, a custom that encourages young men to spar with each other in full costume which by doing so invigorates the spirits to provide water for crops. He gets help from his best friend Pablo who is still mourning the death of his father. The short film has a great balance of family life, village life, cultures, customs, and boys wrestling in the rain 😉
5. ‘Loris is Fine’ – I’m a sucker for gorgeous cinematography and gorgeous guys and this Italian short film has both! Sadly that’s about all it has in my opinion. The main character (while he is extremely hot) is self-absorbed like whoa and pretends to have a boyfriend (Or is he real? Can someone enlighten me??) who’s HIV positive, but can’t love him fully until he’s HIV positive as well which then leads to Loris inviting HIV positive men over so he can seroconvert. I don’t think it’s the worst thing ever, but I just didn’t understand a lot of what was going on. Oh well.
So there you have it! A nice strong collection of sexy short films that you should definitely binge tonight or this weekend.
Watch it with: A bunch of friends that love short films
Mix it with: White wine all around!
Lily, a fragile young artist fresh out of University, meets an attractive young man named Finn in a club. She invites him to come and stay with her at her family house while her parents vacation in Italy for the summer. But when Lily’s jealous younger brother Jamie finds out that Finn is not who he claims to be, Jamie decides to play a sinister game to get rid of him – and blackmail him into performing some “favors.”
With an absolutely gorgeous sun-soaked seaside setting, ‘Palace of Fun‘ is an erotic an luxurious feast for the eyes inspired by art house thrillers of the 1960s and 70s.
WARNING! Lead actors George Stocks and Andrew Mullen are scorching hot so when they start hooking-up, it might just take your breath away.